Job Title: Nurse
Effective Date: December 1, 2018
Program Name: Ryan White, Region IX
Work Unit: Northshore Services
Supervised by: Team Lead
This position, under the guidance of the Team Lead, is responsible for providing quality medical services to high need individuals suffering from the effects of opioid misuse. This individual will be part of a team consisting of a Team Lead and up to 6 Peer Support Specialists who will provide education, crisis intervention and after-care services for individuals and families touched by opioid addiction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts intakes and assessments on new and existing persons served according to program requirements.
- Develops and implements individual service plans to ensure persons served are receiving quality services according to the service plan.
- Meet in secure, comfortable meeting places outside of the office, as needed.
- Completes reports and documentation as required by VOASELA, Inc. and regulatory agencies/funding sources.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation of services.
- Keeps supervisory staff apprised of gaps in services and assists in efforts to provide needed services.
- Participates in program-related training, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Florida Parishes Human Service Authority
- Mental Health Clinics
- Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Facilities
- Methadone/Suboxone Clinics
- First Responders (Police, Fire, & Paramedics)
- Emergency Departments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
- Must possess an active license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Louisiana. Case management experience and working in a community setting is a plus. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated willingness to be responsive to the needs of the target population and the ability to function as part of a team; can handle a flexible work environment; have strong decision-making skills.
- This position requires the ability to communicate clearly in person and/or via telephone communication, and in writing.
- The ability to generate documents and spreadsheets using computer software including but not limited to, Microsoft Word and Excel.
The employee's work is performed at various locations where services are provided to consumers. Employee must be able to handle the demands of extensive driving throughout the five-parish service area. As such, the incumbent must have:
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled