Work involves operating equipment and performing manual labor supporting the Roads crew in the construction, installation, and maintenance of District parking lots and roads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs parking lot and roads maintenance, which includes patching of pot hole, crack sealing, sealing asphalt and paving projects
· Assists with asphalt installation; asphalt overlays and new roadway and parking lot construction
· Sweeping – Use of walk behind blowers, brooms, and shovels to clean corners and edges of parking lots
· Assist with stream clearing/dam removal; clear river bank and remove river debris that may cause obstruction
· Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: May – August; Monday-Friday: 40 hours per week
Preferred Experience: Experience in outdoor manual labor in all types of weather conditions
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: Must have a valid Driver’s License. Additional training will be held for all seasonal employees.
Skills In: Safe and proper operation and maintenance of a variety of equipment; performing manual labor tasks; understanding and following verbal or written instructions; maintaining effective working relationships.
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Lo
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled