Looking for someone with superb customer service and experience in a medical scheduling center.
M-TH: 12:00p-8:00p Fri: 10:00a-6:00p
Serves patients by answering multi-line phones in central scheduling center; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Customer Service Skills and Professionalism
- Answers incoming calls promptly and courteously, identifying self and company.
- Identifies when necessary placing calls to referring physicians for patients needing assistance and takes action to ensure the patient can be seen in our facility same day (i.e. obtaining blood work, verbal referrals or any other necessary documentation).
- Is organized and able to multi-task.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintains self-control when dealing with difficult situations or patients.
- Maintains an organized and neat workplace.
- Treats team members with respect; consistently interacting in a positive and professional manner.
2. Communications and Scheduling
- Displays strong communication and accuracy skills.
- Schedules patients for all modalities without delay.
- Understands and uses the RIS scheduling system correctly.
- Is responsive and communicates appropriate preparation instructions for every center; answering all patient questions – using binder and desk references when necessary.
- Maintains excellent rapport with the patient and referring physicians and their staff.
- Communicates effectively with CMI doctors, technologists and team members
3. Patient Processing
- Collects, scans, and copies the necessary documentation for patient appointments.
- Is actively learning and referencing necessary materials to articulate if authorizations are needed, can effectively communicate this information to patients and understands how to schedule accordingly and begin the authorization process.
- Understands insurance guidelines including Medicare, private, government and managed care plans.
- Supports and cooperates with other imaging center staff and outside billing company regarding pre-authorizations and insurance eligibility.
4. Records and Maintenance
- Ensures finalized reports are appropriately forwarded in a timely fashion when requested.
- Understands how to access patient reports in Bayscribe and how to auto fax or manually fax if needed urgently by referring office.
- Understands the urgency of obtaining comparison films, involving necessary personnel, uses film release (signed by the patient) and owning the process to ensure executed in a timely fashion.
5. Policies and Procedures
- Follows all HIPPA policies and procedures in regards to patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Dresses in a business casual attire.
- Adheres to policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, regarding cell phone use, social media and workplace conduct.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Telephone Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Quality Focus
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.