2nd Shift LPN / RN
*2nd Shift Differential - $3.50/hr
*Weekend Differential - $4.00/hr
*Pet Insurance Available
*Free Life Insurance for Employee
*Daily Pay Available
WHO WE ARE
United Methodist Memorial Home, dba Heritage Pointe of Huntington, was founded on the philosophy of helping all people, regardless of race, creed, sex or religious preference, fully enjoy their retirement years. A philosophy of fostering friendship, belonging, security, and dignity, by respecting individual privacy and independence while offering professional and thoughtful guidance. We believe retirement is all about living…and living life to the fullest.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with 3% Match, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance, and more.
- Must be a graduate of a State Approved School of Nursing and have a current nursing license in the State of Indiana
- Must know all aspects of basic personal care, medication administration, treatment procedures, preventive, restorative, and therapeutic techniques.
- Must have knowledge of medical asepsis and sterile technique.
- Must have interest in and be able to communicate effectively with aged and ill residents with a variety of chronic illnesses or emotional disorders.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with visitors, supervisor, co-workers, and work under direct supervision of charge nurse.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of resident's condition and personal affairs.
- Execute physician's orders thoroughly and safely.
- Administer and document medications, according to pharmacy and drug administration policies and procedures.
- Contact physicians and/or pharmacies, as necessary, for orders or prescription needs.
- Receive telephone orders from physicians.
- Perform all treatments ordered by physician. In addition, perform naso-gastric and gavage feedings, insertion of straight and Foley catheters and naso-gastric tubes, administer special skin care procedures, sterile dressing changes, monitor I.V. fluid administration, and oral-pharyngeal suctioning.
- Monitor resident for expected and untoward responses from medication and therapeutic measures.
- Conduct assessment and document when change in condition is noted.
- Assist with admission assessments and formulation of the plan of care.
- Contribute information for revision in the resident plan of care.
- Coordinate treatments with nursing assistants to provide comprehensive, effective and efficient resident care.
- Practice good personal hygiene and adhere to dress code.
- Follow facility infection control policies and procedures.
- Report defective equipment or other potential safety hazards promptly.
- Maintain attitude of courtesy, tact, and helpfulness when dealing with residents, visitors, physicians, consultants, therapists and other staff.
- Use proper telephone etiquette.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident condition and personal affairs.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position