- Provides a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment.
- Supports the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing customer-facing network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Assists in configuring account and directory operations for users, services, and customers.
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software, using standard business and administrative packages; may modify specific applications for use in operational departments.
- Installs and configures telephony, computers, monitors, network infrastructure, mobile devices, and peripherals such as printers, scanners, phones, and related hardware.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network, and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; implements solutions or works with outsource providers as required.
- Makes hardware and software acquisition recommendations.
- Assists with the planning, design, research, and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems; maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Performs account cleanup and desktop audits.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent preferred.
- MCSA, Network+, A+, Security+, or industry related certifications preferred.
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and PC equipment
- 2+ years of troubleshooting experience related to hardware, operating systems, applications, and network
- Demonstrated understanding of information system technologies relationships (Mobile, Telephony, Network, Servers, Applications, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in computer security to include antivirus, malware defense/removal, remote access security, third-party patching solutions
- Experience working with appropriate complex systems administration, database administration
- Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
- 2+ years of desktop, server, wiring, video, voice, network support
Knowledge of (position requirements at entry):
- Microsoft Office Software Suite
- Remote Access Technologies (RDC, Teamviewer, etc)
- Microsoft Office 365 Tenancy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to temporarily work in temperatures of 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit
Note: This job description describes only the key areas of responsibilities and will vary depending on the business needs of the Company.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled