Hyatt Place Ocean City / Oceanfront will Ocean City's newest hotel. Located directly on Ocean City's famous Boardwalk. This property will feature private balconies with ocean views, coffee to cocktails bar, two pools, and a state of the art Fitness Center. Our Associates enjoy great benefits including medical and paid time off. We are a new property and looking for great people, we are a growing company and offer a lot of opportunity for growth for the right person.
We are currently looking for a strong Assistant General Manager that is creative, people oriented and energetic. Somebody who can engage associates and captivate customers, somebody who wants to look at things differently. A strong manager with a proven track record in hotel operations. If you think you have what it takes, and you want to join our team, please apply now.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards
- Oversee hotel operating departments to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality are provided to hotel guests.
- Assist the GM in preparation of forecasts and reports and assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the budget to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Be engaged in guest satisfaction and implement brand standards in each of the operating departments of the hotel.
- Resolve customer complaints and anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow, and associate performance.
- Oversee the property accounting functions including but not limited to accounts payable and receivable, house bank audits, petty cash, and tax.
- Monitor and maintain the front office systems and equipment to ensure optimum performance.
- Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy guest service deficiencies.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate or bachelor’s hotel management degree preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of overall hotel operations.
- 2+ years as Front Office Manager or Assistant General Manager preferred
- Working knowledge of Opera and Hyatt experience a plus
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.