As a General Manager, you’ll be responsible for effectively leading and managing all aspects of the hotel and for delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives focused on driving sales and profitability, guest and associate satisfaction and ensuring that brand standards are met.
Key responsibilities of a General Manager include:
- Functioning as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation
- Analyzing business results and working with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs. Making key decisions and overseeing execution, removing obstacles to success and ensuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Ensuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary
- Driving the sales culture in the hotel through active involvement in the sales process, including encouraging the leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Preparing an annual budget and business plan in collaboration with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses
- Monitoring actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
- Creating an environment in which all associates have the ability to reach their full potential
- Ensuring that all associate and business decisions are in line with Evolution’s Mission, Values and Guiding Principles
The minimum qualifications for the General Manager position are:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience as a GM in a premium select-service hotel REQUIRED; GM experience with the Branded Hotel is a plus
- Proven track record in delivering financial results
- Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment
- Ability to inspire associates and to create a culture of care and accountability
- Proven track record of positive associate satisfaction scores
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports, and analysis
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
DoubleTree Birmingham Perimeter Park is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled