Full-Time Mobile Phlebotomist - Lenexa Headquarters
Are you ready to work with a compassionate team? Do you provide the best in patient and customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you! HHL services healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing.
~ Completion of a Phlebotomy training course and/or prior on the job training
~ Experience with the Geriatric population preferred
~ ASCP preferred
~ High School Diploma or GED
Wage – Based on experience
$13.00 (New Phlebotomists with less than two years experience sticking) to $24.00 per hour
SIGN ON BONUS - $2,600.00 Sign on Bonus Available
Shift – Full-time, 3:30 AM to 12:00 PM Monday through Friday with weekend on-call rotations.
On-Call – To work no less than three (3) weekend shifts per month. To work no less than two (2) holidays per year.
Driving - This role requires extensive driving and the use of your own vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed and the average phlebotomist will drive 700 - 1000 miles every two weeks.
Benefits - http://www.heartlandhealthlab.com/Tabs/2%20Contact%20Us/3%20Benefits/Benefits
Drug Free Work Environment
Route Phlebotomist Summary of Position:
Collects specimens from patients at facilities, brings specimens back to the lab to be processed and analyzed, identifies patients and properly labels specimens, completes STAT runs as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
- It provides the highest level of patient care and compassion.
- It provides fantastic customer service.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Well trained in Phlebotomy and prepared to see a large number of patients daily
- Clean driving record and prepared to drive 70 to 150 miles daily.
- Draws blood specimens from residents at facilities utilizing draw list or test requisition, brings specimens back to lab, processes, and delivers to Medical Technologists/Lab Assistants to analyze
- Correctly identifies patients, properly labels specimens, and documents all specimens obtained from each patient’s log sheet in the lab book upon completion of collections
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy
- Calls facilities to clarify orders and answers calls from facilities with questions as needed
- Share in an on-call rotation that includes weekdays and weekends and at least two holidays per year
- Completes assigned phlebotomy STAT runs as needed
- Assures that facilities are stocked with lab supplies as needed
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License with current auto insurance
- Understands the value of teamwork and takes an active role as a positive teammate
- All other duties as assigned
Due to CMS guidelines as it relates to payment from Medicare and Medicaid all HHL employees are required to be fully-vaccinated for COVID19. You will need to acquire your 1st COVID vaccination before your start date and present proof on your first day. If you are fully vaccinated, you will be required to provide proof.