Catering and Sales Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Catering and Sales Manager to join our team in Medford, OR
Who we are:
Neuman Hotel Group is a family owned company headquartered in Ashland, Oregon with over 300 employees. Neuman Hotel Group manages properties both in Ashland and Medford including: Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland Hills Hotel and Suites, Inn at the Commons, Lithia Springs Resort, Larks Restaurants (located inside the Ashland Springs Hotel in Ashland and inside the Inn at the Commons in Medford) and the Waterstone Spa.
At Neuman Hotel Group, our team is dedicated to creating cherished memories by providing personalized service and genuine hospitality.
About the role:
The Catering Manager is responsible for soliciting, securing, coordinating and managing off-site catering events for Neuman Hotel Group. The ideal candidate has a friendly demeanor, can multi-task in a timely and effective manner, demonstrates excellent customer service and problem solving skills. The Catering Manager must be a highly motivated individual, has experience with large corporate and social events/weddings and familiarity with the market in Southern Oregon.
What you'll do:
- Actively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, off-site meetings, emails and presentations to potential clients.
- Responding to potential and current client inquiries via phone and/or email with a sense of urgency.
- Generate proposals, contracts and BEO’s.
- Assist in the development and organization of all off-site events and manage the communication between departments and with clients to help ensure successful coordination of activities.
- Must be available to clients at all times during off-site events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local industry and event venues that allow outside catering.
- Establish a strong networking presence in the local community and in professional organizations.
- Monitor sales and continually develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes.
- Attend weekly meetings with food and beverage staff, operation management and sales team to review upcoming events and attend pre-shift with the staff on the day/night of the event.
- Assistance in the development of catering menus and pricing.
- Assist with the planning and set-up of food displays, visuals and presentation of buffet lines.
- Ensure that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to each event and forwarded to the accounting department for billing.
- Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully and persuasively with employees and customers.
- Occasional travel to sales meetings and conferences.
- Other duties as required.
Our ideal candidate:
- A degree in hospitality or business management is an asset but not required
- Minimum 2 years related sales experience specific to offsite catering and hospitality industry
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, service standards, corporate/wedding events, guest relations and etiquette.
- Familiarity of the hospitality, food/beverage and catering market in Southern Oregon is highly preferred.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working across departments and thrives in a fast-past, and at times demanding, environment.
- Proactive sales approach; assertive and driven to succeed
- Candidate must expect to work extended hours, often including weekends and holidays.Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description.
What we offer:
- Generous medical/dental/vision benefit package, 401k plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), gym membership discounts and excellent discounts to our hotels, restaurants and spa.