OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To prepare nutritious, appetizing and attractive meals, while working as a team with other Food Services members to provide smooth, efficient and safe operation of the kitchen area. All policies and procedures of Francois Bend Senior Living must be followed, including menus and portion-control requirements.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to read and prepare recipes, in careful detail, as provided by Francois Bend Senior Living.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with Food Service sanitation practices.
- Ability to work with staff and residents in resolving food service problems.
- Maintain food handlers permit as necessary to fulfill state requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with residents
- and staff.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Meets state related requirements (as applicable for the position).
- Ability to work in a team setting and be a team player.
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and professional approach to coworkers and residents
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review menus and daily food production worksheets for instructions.
- Follow safe food-handling procedures.
- Ensure that food, supplies, and appropriate personnel, are available for the meal planned.
- Serve nutritious food, attractively garnished in a punctual manner.
- Follow procedures for covering, labeling, dating, and storing food and complete leftover logs.
- Focus on resident satisfaction and resolve any food-complaint issues as needed.
- Assist with the set-up of special functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet the assigned work requirements of the job. Regular attendance is required.
- Serve as a role model for all employees by displaying a responsible, cooperative, and positive attitude.
- Represent the community in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner.
Francois Bend is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled