Position Summary: Provides timely and accurate transportation to Carey customers in company vehicles with the highest degree of safety and adherence to the law and company standards, at all times. Demonstrates proper safe driving behaviors, etiquette, and courtesy. Provides customer assistance, as needed.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
- Assist customers with loading and unloading luggage into/out of bus being driven.
- Obeys all traffic laws, demonstrates proper courtesy to the customer, the public in general, and business colleagues.
- Conforms to company dress and grooming standards, as directed.
- Completes all trip assignments timely and in accordance with service standards.
- Is on time for all assigned trips and maintains a 15-minute Spot Time.
- Maintains communication with dispatch, advising of potential delays and any delays and any other issues of importance.
- Completes paperwork for each trip accurately and legibly and timely. maintains alertness during entire shift.
- Additionally, must be willing to obtain CDL certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or GED required
Experience: One (1) year of customer service experience and/or professional driving experience. Additionally, have driving experience for at least eight (8) continuous years - preferred.
- Must have a valid and up-to-date driver's license from the state in which he/she will be employed by the company.
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record, meeting company standards.
- Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests, post-employment random drug and alcohol tests, with both drug and alcohol testing at least once a year after hire.
- Must have knowledge of the geographic area around the assigned office.
- Ability to operate company-standard cell phone procedures and other communications systems used for communication with the dispatcher.
Attributes and Characteristics:
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Dependable and reliable
- Able to make sound and quick decisions
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance
- Able and willing to provide customer service at the highest level
- Able to sit for long periods of time, operating a vehicle with attention to safety.
- Able to write clearly and accurately in the English language.
- Able to speak the English language in a manner easily understood by customers and co-workers.
- Able to lift and carry baggage weighing up to 50 Ibs.
- Able to see and hear clearly both during the day and night.
- For Men: Hair must be clean and appropriately styled, with length above the collar. Facial hair is not preferred; however, if worn, it must be trimmed and groomed to the contour of the face.
- For Women: Hair must be clean and appropriately styled away from the face. Hair ornaments are not preferred; however, if used, should be clean and non-offensive.
- Oral and personal hygiene should be clean and non-offensive.
- Company prescribed dress standards are required.
General Working Conditions:
- Works primarily outside of the office, driving in a company-provided vehicle. Works closely with others.