The digital content editor curates and creates content for US Lacrosse’s websites and social media, with an emphasis on US Lacrosse Magazine channels (USLaxMagazine.com and @USLacrosseMag). This is a fast-paced, high-volume position that requires sound editorial/news judgment, a keen eye for copy, the ability to write succinct, search-engine-optimized headlines and a passion for social media.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday-Friday and regularly requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel will be expected to select events.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of the sport (participation or prior job) is preferable.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
· Curate, produce and post content for USLaxMagazine.com.
· Coordinate coverage with staff and freelance contributors.
· Collaborate with developers on-site design, functionality, and capability.
· Promote content on Twitter, Instagram, IG Stories and Facebook.
· Post natively to social media channels, especially on game days.
· Scan social media and other sources for news, trends and story ideas.
· Develop content campaigns that resonate across multiple platforms.
· Contribute occasionally to and assist with maintenance of USLacrosse.org.
Core values & Competencies:
· We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
· We Serve - Customer Focused
· We Create & Innovate - Creativity
· We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
· We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
· We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
· We Have Fun - Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
· 3 years experience working as a content creator, manager or editor
· Strong writing and copyediting skills
· Knowledge of AP style
· Experience working in content management systems (CMS)
· Familiarity with HTML, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Google Analytics
· Proficiency in Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or English.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
· Occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures.
· Lifts and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-30lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by US Lacrosse as the needs of the organization and the requirements of the job evolved. Your employment with US Lacrosse is voluntary and is subject to termination by you or US Lacrosse at will, with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled