Position: Estimator – Building Products
Reports To: Architectural Marketing Manager/Framing Sales Engineer
Direct Reports: None
Our Core Values
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
Fortress Building Products is looking for a qualified Building Products Estimator to join our Architectural Marketing team. As part of the Architectural Marketing team, you’ll work with architects, engineers, and contractors on building projects globally throughout various stages of project design, specification, and approval.
As an Estimator, you’ll rely on your technical knowledge and mathematical aptitude daily to analyze and interpret project plans and materials, estimate accurate material take-offs, determine pricing, and create project quotes. You will assist contractors as they order materials from authorized dealers helping to deliver optimized results for a variety of building projects.
In addition to these duties, you’ll also be responsible for the creation and modification of product drawings to provide design solutions in collaboration with Product Managers and Sales Engineers. You’ll interact with a variety of internal and external partners to translate a concept into a finished design. The Estimator will also assist in the preparation of installation manuals and perform competitor product analysis.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with commercial and residential fencing, railing, decking, and deck framing.
- Locate projects on commercial construction reporting services
- Analyze project plans and interpret technical materials
- Create and modify product drawings using CAD software to enhance the product line
- Identify and provide design solutions to construction problems
- Estimate accurate material take offs and create a bill of materials
- Create and track project quotes
- Assist contractors with dealer material orders
- Assist in the preparation of user and installation manuals
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing materials
- Create competitor product comparisons
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of estimating experience within the building products industry
- SolidWorks proficiency
- Experience with estimating software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, blueprints, and other technical materials
- Understanding how to integrate drawings and specifications into projects
- Must be able to oversee a project from start to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Detail and service oriented
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled