Jonathan’s Place, is accepting applications for a part-time Foster Care & Adoption Recruiter. The ideal candidate will have experience working with the child welfare system and a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social work or other human services field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recruitment of foster and foster to adopt families; public speaking and relationship building with prospective and current foster and foster to adopt parents, local business, news media, church and community volunteers and leaders as part of ongoing recruitment efforts. This position will also identify, coordinate and participate in recruitment opportunities such as foster parent and child welfare conferences, trainings and community events. Position requires flexible schedule (evening and weekend appointments required). Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides safe, loving homes and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate agency needs.
- Must have current driver’s license, reliable transportation and current insurance
- Maintain a working telephone or other reliable means of communication
- Must pass a pre-employment background check (including CBC, Texas Department of Public Safety’s criminal history database, DFPS Central Registry abuse/neglect and the FBI fingerprint check)
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with persons from diverse cultures and communities, as well as from different groups, including children, their parents, agency colleagues, Foster/Adoptive parent(s), CPS staff, support staff members, supervisors, administrators, and persons from the legal and judicial system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of child welfare system
- Skills in organizing work in a responsible way within an environment with multiple challenges, priorities and time frames
- Ability to identify and plan long and short-term goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs and databases including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Publisher), Internet Explorer, and Kaleidacare.
- Ability to speak with self-confidence and produce professional correspondence and presentations
- Ability to work as a team player and work effectively with others
This is a part-time position scheduled for 40 hours each two-week period. How the individual hours fall will be discussed with the program director and are dependent on recruitment opportunities being worked. There can be great flexibility with the position provided the goals and objectives are being met.
* * * * *
Only applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted. You may learn more about Jonathan’s Place at our website www.jpkids.org. No phone calls please.
Jonathan's Place is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled