This position is responsible for providing assistance to tenants in their home and community. Services are directed by a person-centered housing support plan. The Support Specialist (SS) will advocate for needed services, assist with problem-solving, conflict resolution, and meeting the obligations of tenancy. Require executing supervised directives with a team approach from care coordinator II, clinic supervisor, and clinic manager. Complete required documentation on time, achieve established productivity standards and assist other team members as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and direct assistance to tenants based on an individualized housing support plan.
- Assist/train tenants in daily life skills, effective communication, and self-advocacy.
- Provide necessary transportation assistance, as well as transportation training to encourage and foster a sense of self-sufficiency in the tenant.
- Complete 100 units weekly of billable services and complete documentation within 24 hours of services.
- Document all services, including those not billable, provided on behalf of the client.
- All billing must be entered into Service Point and receipts turned in for all services by 1 pm on Monday for the preceding week.
- All work must be completed within a 40 hour work week including documentation and travel.
- Check emails twice daily and respond to all communications from supervisor/office personnel within 24 hours
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree in sociology, psychology, social work, or counseling.
- Demonstrated basic writing skills, basic computer skills, skills and abilities necessary to engage a diverse group of individuals.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
Normal office environment
This position may require incumbent to engage in overnight travel, as well as, local travel appropriate to the performance of duties and responsibilities. As such, the incumbent must have:
- Current driver’s license issued by the state of residence
- Current Vehicle Inspection decal
- Current vehicle insurance
- Current vehicle registration in the state of residence
- Satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report
Work is primarily performed in a normal office environment while seated at a desk operating a personal computer keyboard, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled