Position Title: Dishwasher
Food and Beverage
Reports To: Chef
The dishwasher and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and
sanitation standards for dinnerware, glassware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual
cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe
and sanitary facility.
Dishwasher must be safety conscious and in compliance of all laws
concerning the safety of others. This requires knowledge of the laws and Iron Pigs' policy.
This position requires a friendly, highly self-motivated individual who can work with minimal
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks
to send through dish machine.
• Sort and stack clean dishes. and carry clean dishes to cook's line and other proper storage areas.
• Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
• Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
• Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
• Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
• Set up or break down dishwashing area.
• Clean and roll/unroll mats.
• Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
• Sweep/mop floors.
• Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
• Sweep up trash around garbage dumpster.
• Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
• Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard
• Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first.
• Other duties as directed.
• Dishwashers are almost always the last person to leave at night so be prepared for some late
nights (especially on the weekends). Even after the last table's been served, the kitchen needs
to be cleaned and the trash has to be emptied.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The ability to speak English is necessary to converse with other Team Members and
It is necessary to have the ability to solve practical problems that may arise. Our Team Members
must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team
Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to lift and carry up to
approximately 70 pounds. The Team Member may be required to spend long hours on their feet.
Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team
Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member could be exposed to
outside weather conditions, if providing service during an outside event. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate with increased levels during events. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
the person assigned to this position. Principal duties are intended to describe those functions
that are essential to the performance of this job and “other” duties (if defined) include those
that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.
description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities
assigned to this position. Team Members holding this position will be required to perform any
other job related duties as requested. All requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This job description is not an employment
agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any
time without notice.
J&E Baseball Concessions LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled