The Cook Hotel is looking to hire a Maintenance Engineer with strong mechanical aptitudes, general maintenance skills, and excellent problem-solving skills. The Maintenance Engineer attends to guest repair requests and performs a wide range of maintenance duties involving the building, equipment, and machinery including HVAC, building lighting systems, audiovisual equipment, grounds keeping, and overall facility appearance. We strive to provide the highest quality customer experience and the Maintenance Engineer supports those efforts by responding to guest maintenance requests and maintaining a clean and well-functioning facility.
- 2 years of relevant maintenance experience in the hospitality industry.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of local building codes and OSHA regulations
- Proficient verbal communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Lifting or moving heavy materials in difficult work positions required. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this position the employee may be exposed to outdoor elements.