Established in May 1991, Jonathan’s Place provides a safe, loving home and specialized services to children who have been victims of abuse, abandonment or neglect. Please visit our website, jpkids.org for information about our agency. You will also find a fillable application form there if you don't have a resume form to upload.
Jonathan’s Place is accepting applications for Residential Advisor (female), full time, in our Transitional Living Program (TLP) in Garland, TX for young women ages 17-23.
The position requires experience working with young adults, transitional living programs/residential programs and youth aging out of foster care. This position requires monitoring and supervision, providing support, encouragement, and accountability for up to 12 young ladies at a time in the cottage.
This position includes activities and meals with residents while on duty, Occasionally, on Saturdays/Sundays & Holidays the hours may need to be adjusted to meet the needs of the residents.
Overnight - Residential Advisor - Full Time With Benefits
Fri-Sun: 11pm-9am - 30 hours per week - Full Time
The shift starts in the evening and goes to the next morning.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: neatly and accurately completing all necessary documentation, advocacy, facilitating the peaceful resolutions to typical client disputes; attend to clients’ needs in the middle of the night if urgent, enforcing curfew, ensuring clients maintain their morning/evening hygiene routines and chores, and Client Council meetings for clients in the TLP.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in working with youth
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Maintain a working cellular telephone.
- Must maintain a current drivers’ license and favorable driving record.
- Drug and TB tests are performed as well as comprehensive background and fingerprint checks as part of the screening process.
- Must be willing to accompany/transport clients to appointments, and field trips that may require walking at least 1 mile.
- Mature judgment and an ability to act in an independent, responsible manner in all matters relating to the care and safety of clients.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate orally in various written formats with persons from diverse cultures and communities, including clients and their support systems, agency colleagues, CPS staff, support staff members, supervisors, administrators, and persons from the legal and judicial system. Present a good public presence.
- Skills in organizing work in a responsible way within an environment with multiple challenges, priorities, and timeframes.
- Able to climb stairs repeatedly. Ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of DFPS and GRO Minimum Standards
- Knowledge of child development and behavior management.
- Ability to identify and plan long and short-term goals
- Be able to adapt plans to clients changing needs
- Ability to work both inside and outside in various weather conditions
- Ability to drive in various weather conditions, day and night
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs and databases including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher), Internet Explorer, and Kaleidacare.
- Must have a working knowledge of Internet and ability to correspond via e-mail
Compensation is $10 per hour. Full-time positions have benefits including, paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Jonathan's Place is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled