The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the daily operations of all heart-of-the-house functions for the assigned restaurant and for delivering high quality, great tasting food; proper food safety and sanitation procedures and profitability. This includes leadership of all kitchen crew members as well as ensuring that all recipes, food preparations and presentations meet Quaker Steak & Lube’s specifications and commitment to quality.
- Have a great attitude and be willing to learn.
- Be honest and put your crew before yourself.
- Accurately completes inventory on a weekly basis.
- Accurately monitors and analyzes food cost.
- Understands par levels and completes accurate prep lists, freezer pulls, and orders based on menu mix and budgets.
- Has a good working knowledge of specs and standards in the HOH.
- Proactively identifies opportunities with food quality, food safety, and food cost during a shift.
- Accurately analyzes data to determine the strengths and opportunities of the kitchen.
- Through asking questions, observation, and analysis is able to accurately identify the source of a problem.
- Can effectively locate, explain, and analyze reports for key metrics
- Completes accurate, detailed line checks.
- Adheres to and follows-up on all food safety standards and practices, including thermocouple usage, hand washing, sani buckets, cooling logs, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative and a sense of urgency in correcting substandard food cost, food quality, food safety, productivity, or performance issues.
- Writes an effective schedule that balances crew member and guest satisfaction with the needs of the business.
- Effectively executes the action steps and priorities of the business plan.
- Effectively gets the crew to align on the priorities and to manage with consistency.
- Effectively communicates HOH goals, roles, and responsibilities to the management and staff.
- Follows-up on responsibilities and results.
- Reviews and updates plans often.
- Achieves balanced and desired results in managing sales, costs, productivity, food and beverage quality, guest service, team morale, and relationships with the community.
- Establishes and communicates clear rules and manages fairly and consistently within company policies and practices.
- Effectively motivates and communicates standards and expectations through high-energy pre-shift and post-shift communication.
- Holds associates accountable for individual behavior and performance issues.
- Builds strong teams and maintains appropriate staffing levels that reflect the diversity of the community.
- Adheres to and supports the standards of all restaurant training programs.
- Develops crew members for the "next level" through cross-training. Rewards and recognizes others' successes and contributions.
- Has a sense of urgency in resolving all employee issues fairly and compassionately.
- Develops a culture of "WOW" service and hospitality though words and actions.
- Clearly communicates the role of the BOH team in creating guest satisfaction.
- Effectively identifies BOH priorities through guest complaints, CSI and shopper reports, and takes action.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Degree in related field desirable.
- 3-5 years food management experience, preferably in casual theme dining atmosphere.
- An internal, constant and self-imposed drive.
- The ability to set goals and the desire to achieve them.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a crew.
QSL Gonzales LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled