The Sr. Development Accountant is responsible for managing the lender draws and accounting activities for the construction and rehab projects of the company. We are owner/developers, and are currently growing our existing portfolio of 35 multifamily apartments financed with combinations of private activity bonds, 501(c)(3) bonds, low-income housing tax credits, and market-rate mortgages. The Accountant will work closely senior management and the development team.
- Review monthly general contractor draws and submit with appropriate HUD or lender forms to the lender for funding.
- Produce detailed pre-development and construction draw schedules and projections for loan and equity draws.
- Understand all loan and equity agreements, and keep development team and property employees apprised of all target dates and deadlines.
- Meet all lender, equity and bond monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines.
- Assistance with the preparation of proposals and offering materials for new or existing investments
- Performance of due diligence, document review, analysis of deal structures, and transaction support on new developments
Position Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the real estate accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure with minimal oversight, display a high degree of initiative and accuracy and effectively manage time and workload
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, conditional formulas and formatting
- Experience with Yardi desirable
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for real estate
- Dedicated to the mission of preserving affordable housing
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail; must possess the confidence that work product is accurate and complete
- Solve problems independently and be flexible enough to work in a group setting
- Meet deadlines and prioritize work requirements
- Initiate new ideas to streamline routine tasks
- Accept responsibility for new projects and see projects through completion
- Ability to be part of a small but growing office and work well within a team setting
- Good sense of humor
In addition to the opportunity to apply your expertise toward business and charitable objectives which directly impact families, we offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and meaningful challenges in a workplace that values excellence and work/life balance.
ATLANTIC HOUSING MANAGEMENT LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled