- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with handling cash transactions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Greets guests upon arrival and process through check-in and check-out procedures. Provide excellent customer service at all times. Always be prepared to make a memorable first impression.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to confirmed guests. Issue room keys and give directions to the hotel room and resort amenities.
- Greet and sell accommodations to walk-ins, the process to check-in.
- Process incoming mail.
- Transmit and receive messages.
- Answer guests inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Handle guest comments and complaints promptly and efficiently.
- Compute bill, collect payment, and make change for guests.
- Maintain and be responsible for a cash drawer.
- Answer incoming resort calls from switchboard
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. They must also use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk or sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.