Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist
Are you ready to work for a compassionate team? Do you provide the best in accurate, timely patient results and amazingly kind customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you!
Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. (HHL) is seeking Full-time Medical Technologist in our Lenexa headquarters. HHL services healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing. Loving our patients is our top priority and we are actively looking for employees who feel the same way.
This shift is Sunday through Thursday 8 hour shift daily with a 30 minute lunch. The hours for the shift varry by bench and benches are rotated monthly. The earliest start time is 8:00 AM and the latest start time is 9:00 PM. There are on-call requirements for holidays of no less than two holidays per year. Training will be done Monday through Friday and will take 6 to 8 weeks.
HHL provides excellent benefits such as, Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac, 401K, Flex Spending, 529 College Savings, Life Insurance, and Wellness Program.
Medical Technologist Summary of Position:
Provides exceptional internal and external customer service, prepares and analyzes blood and body fluids, reports accurate results, performs maintenance on instruments, and all other duties as assigned.
- Understands the value of teamwork and takes an active role as a positive teammate
- Provides the highest level of patient care and compassion.
- Experience with Microbiology, Hematology, Urinalysis, Chemistry, Coagulation, and Immunology.
- Prepare patient samples for all departments for analysis, ensuring that all patient labels and samples are correct for testing
- Critically notice potential problems and notify appropriate personnel or correct issues as noted
- Examine specimens using instrumentation as ordered by laboratory procedures
- Use automated equipment and computerized instruments to perform a number of tests simultaneously
- Prepare specimens for examination and look for abnormal cells in blood and body fluids
- Use laboratory equipment to look for microorganisms
- Analyze the chemical content of fluids
- Contact nurses regarding abnormal samples of patients, as well as speaking with doctors/nurses regarding test results
- Maintain, calibrate, and quality control equipment used for testing
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions as necessary to assure quality of test results
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure patient care and teamwork is our highest priority
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science (Laboratory Medicine).
- License, Registration, and/or Certification: Medical Technologist-MT (ASCP), Medical Laboratory Scientist-MLS (ASCP), or Clinical Laboratory Scientist CLS (NCA).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the clinical laboratory field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years practical Microbiology experience preferred.