The Driver is responsible for helping guests in and out of the property, assisting guests by providing transportation, carrying baggage and delivering items and information in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complains and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Peachtree Hospitality Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and grooming, which include wearing a correct nametag and uniform when working.
- Approach all guest encounters with a friendly and open manner.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hospitality Management standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Assists incoming and outgoing guests carrying baggage to and from their rooms.
- Knowledge of all features of room ensuring that all equipment is functioning properly; gives the location of ice and vending machines.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures.
- Knowledge of hotel facilities, outlets, hours of operation and other services available to guests.
- Ability to deliver guest mail/messages, forgotten items and any other requests received from guests or team members.
- Transports guests to and from the hotel to local locations as per hotel standard. Provides guests with local directions in a courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensures baggage is secured and tagged at guest request.
- Accepts dry cleaning from guest to secure for pick-up by dry cleaning company; delivers clean laundry to guest’s room in a timely manner.
- Responds quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and ensures appropriate action is taken.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend all training/meetings as requested by management.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work-exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Able to stand for entire shift.
- Ability to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by hotel business levels.
Crowne Plaza Wauwatosa is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled