The Director of Process and Discovery-Process Chemistry provides leadership in support of C4T’s internal and collaborative drug discovery and development pipelines.
The Director of PDP Chemistry also plays a central role in C4T’s overall scientific direction by:
- Collaborating with Chemistry Leads, Project Leads and the Development team to define strategies and produce detailed project plans that cover technical feasibility, timelines, resource allocation and budget.
- Participating as a member of C4T Project Teams across all stages from discovery through clinical development. In this role, the Director of PDP Chemistry imparts advice and guidance to colleagues and leadership.
- Partnering with C4T Research Leadership Team to build nimble, cost-effective and seamless strategies for the spectrum of compound synthesis and scalability as well as CMC activities including drug substance and drug product deliveries.
The Director of PDP Chemistry is accountable for:
- Providing the highest quality scientific leadership to the PDP chemistry group. This includes 1) establishment and maintenance of a culture of excellence, collaboration and open dialog within the Chemical Sciences group and across C4T; 2) critical input and guidance on experimental design, data interpretation and direction; and 3) career development for group members.
- Development and timely implementation of innovative approaches to scientific problems both within the PDP chemistry team and across C4T to deliver the project and corporate goals.
- Collaboration and communication with the development teams and the Research Leadership Team to deliver the project and corporate goals.
- Execution of key technology development projects that fall fully, or largely, within the scope of the chemistry team. In addition, provides input and advice on CMC-based IP protection for these projects.
- Effective leadership in a matrixed environment, including 1) providing advice and insights to teams on project-specific issues and general drug discovery expertise across C4T; 2) providing advice on lead and candidate selection criteria for C4T projects, including risk and mitigation plans; 3) partnering with the Research leadership team to build nimble, cost-effective and seamless strategies for the spectrum of compound synthesis and scalability as well as CMC activities including drug substance and drug product deliveries.
- Building a network of supporting CROs and CMOs that are capable of delivering timely, high quality and cost-effective science in support of C4T projects.
EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
A Ph.D. in chemistry with 15+ years of experience in a relevant industrial setting.
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in process chemistry, analytical chemistry and formulation development.
- Experience working as a development team leader, guiding multiple assets through Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- Experienced in oversight and management of CMO relationships to deliver drug substance and drug product.
- Passionate scientist, self-starter and independent thinker
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills