Family Services, Inc. DBA Origin SC is a fast-paced, nonprofit agency in need of hiring a Housing Stability Counselor. Since 1888, Origin SC has remained one of the leading nonprofit human service organizations in providing professional financial and housing counseling services. Our mission is to empower individuals to achieve financial and housing stability through advocacy, counseling, and education.
This position is part of the Representative Payee/Housing Stability division and is responsible for providing financial case management for vulnerable persons who are at risk of homelessness or exploitation.
- This includes coordinating the intake of new clients, finding suitable affordable housing, providing financial services to clients, and follow up as required to maintain housing and financial stability.
- This position requires caring customer service and an ability to speak with clients who may have impairments.
- Courtesy and prompt responsiveness are qualities that are necessary to manage a large caseload.
- An understanding of budgets, ability to accurately process client bills, and championing for the clients with landlords, caseworkers, etc. will be required.
- Very strong organizational skills are a must in the fast-paced environment.
- Must have Microsoft Office knowledge; proficiency in Excel is a plus.
Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Starting salary is $30,000+, depending on experience. Origin SC offers full benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.