IMS, Inc. is a leader in transactional print production. We efficiently process thousands of customer projects and millions of unique mail pieces to a diverse client base each year. We seek Operators for 1st and 2nd shift. We offer a complete benefit package and an opportunity for growth. The Inserter Operator sets up and operates equipment used to fold, match, and insert multiple pieces of printed materials into an envelope. Specific duties include:
- Sets up inserting equipment at the beginning of each job according to the specifications provided on the job ticket.
- Operates .the equipment.
- Recognizes when the output of the operation drifts from the specification.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and makes adjustments as required to return output to the proper specifications.
- Acts as a leader to direct and oversee multiple employees who may be required to run a particular job on a piece of equipment.
- Communicates status of in-process jobs to managers and co-workers.
- Accurately tracks time on each job if requested.
- Updates and signs off on job tickets at the conclusion of each job.
Education/ Skills Required
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Must be a good communicator with the ability to read, write speak fluent English.
- Must have proven track record of excellent attendance.
- Must have high attention to detail and be self-motivated.
- Must have a strong desire to produce a high-quality product
- General computer skills with the ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Inserter operation and setup experience are required; Pitney Bowes inserter experience preferred. Will consider candidates with general machine tool operation and setup experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with finishing (coater, cutter, folder and or inkjet equipment) is desirable.
- Direct mail experience or knowledge of USPS regulations is a plus.