Summary / Purpose of Position:
The Stewardship Officer (SO) reports directly to the Vice President of Development and is responsible for development of their annual major gift portfolio through prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors. The SO will work to retain and increase the level of giving with current donors. The SO will also seek to attract new major donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and present short-term and long-term strategic plans to the Vice President of Development.
- Develop strategies to effectively identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward existing donors in portfolio with the goal of strengthening the relationship between MHM and the donor resulting in increased giving.
- Develop strategies for existing donors and new donors as well as gifting opportunities and major gifts.
- Conduct tours of MHM's facilities and seek to engage donors in volunteer opportunities.
- Arrange meetings between prospects/donors and senior leaders of MHM as necessary.
- Participate in cultivation and stewardship events.
- Prepare for, and facilitate meetings and presentations to stakeholders.
- Speak on behalf of, and present MHM publicly within the marketplace, where appropriate.
- Represent MHM at various business and community events. Ensure the maintenance of timely and accurate donor records.
- Complete reports and tasks in a timely manner.
- Meet established solicitation objectives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Raisers Edge NXT fundraising program.
- Work in collaboration with the Development Department team to ensure all donor interactions are consistent with MHM’s brand and key messaging.
- Adhere to all MHM published policies, practices and procedures.
- Other duties as required by Vice President of Development.
- Commit to providing servant-leadership nourishing a truthful, forgiving, approachable, joyful, healthy environment.
- Model open communication and work collaboratively within the Development Department, and MHM as a whole, for the good of the organization, in support of MHM’s mission, core values and strategic plan.
- Good knowledge of, and operate according to, MHM’s Ethical Code of Fundraising and Financial Accountability policy and confidentiality policy.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience in Field.
- Good knowledge of generating donor support and creatively implementing major gift models and strategies.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.