There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the administrative support in functional areas of a Human Resource department at both Moonlight Basin, which may include recruitment, pre-employment, new hire, employee relations, personnel records, job descriptions, compensation and other duties as assigned. This position is the face of Human Resources and must emanate a high level of interpersonal skill and customer service in person and on the telephone. Must be highly confidential and follow human resource protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with general HR office duties including but not limited to, assisting in answering incoming calls to the HR line, answering general HR questions for Associates or walk-ins. Assist managers and Associates with scheduling interviews.
- Perform all administrative duties as assigned, organize and maintain paperwork, prepare personnel files, prepare and order office supplies.
- Support the HR Manager in benefits, housing, and recruiting related functions.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing correspondence, reports, and filing.
- Maintain and upkeep of all office equipment. Maintain a professional work environment.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and department support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little supervision. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- College Degree preferred, High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 1-year experience in human resources preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must possess a positive attitude
- A highly professional demeanor, as well as a high level of discretion and sound judgment, is required for this position
- Must be willing to participate in a learning environment
- Must integrate company Values throughout all interactions
- Must be able to quickly adapt to effectively using new software products
- Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands
All positions may perform additional duties as assigned based on business needs that may be outside the scope of normal functions of this position.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.