Public Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Sr.Director of Communications
Direct Reports: None
ArtsQuest is looking for a motivated self-starter to join its fast-paced communications and PR team. This position includes overall coordination and support for the organization’s communications, media relations, and public relations needs, including but not limited to writing press releases, developing and maintaining relationships with the media, and development and maintenance of ArtsQuest’s photo and video archives.
Media & Customer Support
- Assist in writing press releases, web and editorial content, as well as select program development.
- Copy editing, proofreading and general support of ArtsQuest content gathering process.
- Schedule, arrange and welcome media representatives, delivering exceptional customer service to our media partners; reserve meeting rooms when necessary, working with Operations, Performing Arts and Hospitality to schedule any additional needs.
- Disseminate information about the programs and events of the organization; create tailored press kits for marketing, PR and sponsorship teams as needed.
- Coordinate ArtsQuest Volunteer Photography Program, including working with staff to assess photography needs and scheduling assignments with volunteer photographers.
- Collaborate with PR Team on developing and implementing the organization’s Communications Plans
- Assist in staffing Media Center during Musikfest and select other events.
- Attend Public Relations Committee, Communications Team, and other meetings; take notes and recap minutes, distributing to all involved within 72 hours of the scheduled meeting.
- Assemble and communicate quarterly and yearly Media Relations Reports to the appropriate staff, boards, and committees.
- Provide support to the Sr. Director of Communications in his/her absence.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers, i.e., team members, sponsors, donors, etc.
Archives/Public Relations Records
- Responsible for organization of ArtsQuest media, photo and video archives.
- Electronically create, update and maintain public relations records to include but not limited to information on our website, branding messages, publications, both current and archived.
- Track ArtsQuest media clips and coverage; create and maintain a storage system for all print, web and physical inventory in order to properly preserve the history of the organization.
- Assist Marketing and Public Relations in recapping PR coverage after each major event or activity and maintain an up to date inventory.
- Maintenance of the ArtsQuest printed material inventory; work with Marketing and Office Specialist to order branded materials when needed.
Note: As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in this position, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties as assigned by his/her supervisor when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Degree in Public Relations, Marketing or Business Administration and/or equivalent work experience supporting strong leadership teams required.
- At least one year of previous experience in a public relations, communications, marketing and/or business administrative support role; detail oriented; demonstrated ability to work in a team environment; ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Previous experience with writing for print, web, blogs, press releases, publications, etc.
- Photography skills, video skills and/or digital editing experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Extremely well-organized; ability to function easily in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven work environment; exceptional time-management or project management skills.
- Outgoing, approachable and dynamic relationship builder; a strong communicator, excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; ability to use the telephone and computer to communicate in a professional manner. Ability to positively interact with a wide variety of people, including volunteers.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, process-oriented.
Note: In order to be considered, please visit our website to view the full job description. Please follow the instructions for applying by completing an online application, answering the pre-screen questionnaire, uploading your resume and cover letter and three writing samples of previously published work (press release, blog, web and editorial content) for our review and consideration. You can copy and paste your writing samples into the spaces provided on the pre-screen questionnaire or include a link(s) to your published writing samples in your resume or cover letter. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds, and up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable assistance.
Frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of one another using reliable transportation. The employee is occasionally required to travel offsite for business meetings as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., however, the employee must be willing and able to work outside normal business hours in order to support our events and activities throughout the year as needed. Reliable transportation a must.
The following qualities are desirable, but are not required:
- A passion for the arts, music and cultural programs.
- Previous Marketing or Public Relations support experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select visual arts and education programs, concerts, comedy and cinema, festivals and events.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ArtsQuest and the ArtsQuest Foundation are Equal Opportunity Employers