Resident Assistant Job Summary
Resident Assistants should be compassionate, reliable and dedicated to providing quality care for seniors. In this role, you will help our residents maintain a sense of independence and vitality by aiding them in daily tasks that are challenging for them. You will always put the resident’s needs and safety first and work to provide a warm and caring environment. Resident Assistants report to the Neighborhood Manager and help residents with daily tasks ranging from hygiene, healthcare, mobility, and eating.
Resident Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
- Read the communication book, review treatments and look for changes.
- Assist with personal needs, such as dressing, bathing, oral hygiene, wound care, toileting, laundering, etc.
- Do rounds every two hours to ensure residents are safe and comfortable. Final rounds need to be done within 30 minutes prior to shift change.
- Doors locked and alarmed as assigned.
- Set tables and assist residents as needed. Vacuum dining area after meals. PM dishes to the kitchen by 7 pm.
- The 3rd shift will clean resident’s bathrooms, and other designated rooms/tasks. (depending on building)
- Answer call lights.
- Follow the activity calendar daily to make sure our residents' needs are being met, assist with activities as needed.
- Pick up trash from resident’s rooms.
- Medication Aides administer all medication on time and in proper amounts. They keep track of all keys passed out at the beginning of the shift and ensure they are turned back in at the end of the shift.
- Must follow treatment, medication and service plan established for each resident.
- Give a brief report to oncoming shift.
- Complete charting on all residents.
- Must remain on duty until a replacement arrives.
Resident Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be willing to provide compassionate holistic care with dignity and respect.
- Work experience in a residential care facility is preferred.
- Must have good references from former employers.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to maintain logs of activities and services provided.
- Must be patient and calm, especially in difficult situations.
- Reliable, compassionate, and will to serve others.
- Must be physically capable of doing work that requires constant standing, lifting, bending, and pushing.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs continuously.
S121 - BYRON CENTER MANOR is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled