Procurement Associate / Factory Container Scheduler
Fortress Building Products is an innovative building products manufacturer. Its products are focused on supplying and serving the growing railing, fence and building materials industries in North America and abroad. The company is comprised of four operational business entities known as Fortress Railing Products, Fortress Fence Products, Fortress Deck Products and OZCO Building Products. Based in the Dallas Texas area, The Fortress Company grew from a family of building materials companies with over 40 years of combined experience in building products supply and design and has established a reputation for quality.
Our Core Values
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovative & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Converts inventory requisitions into factory orders and enters into the company ERP system
- Confirms pricing, minimums, freight terms, promise delivery dates with suppliers
- Maintains data elements of each order in external reporting database
- Expedite / defer orders as required
- Communicates supplier confirmations with requisitioners
- Coordinates with factories daily to schedule and load containers to meet customer direct demand and warehouse replenishment requirements
- Has direct customer contact to assist customers in meeting their container delivery requirements
- Assigns freight forwarders to each direct customer container per direction provided
- Monitors open purchase orders and communicates expected delivery schedule with receiving department
- Matches supplier invoices to purchase order confirmations and approves invoices for payment
- Researches and resolves receiving and invoice errors / issues as they arise
- Prepares documentation for debit / credit / chargeback to suppliers as required
- Coordinates custom product orders with supplier(s) and respective business units
- Coordinates with receiving department and inventory team to ensure accurate inventory counts
- Assist all departments in qualifying suppliers for the company needs
- Assists with annual physical inventory and periodic inventory counts
- Uses container and pallet configuration tool to optimize the space in each container loaded at the factories
- Coordinate with innovation, product development and marketing teams to ensure purchase orders are placed accurately and appropriately for non-inventory purchase orders such as prototypes, supplies, tooling, etc.
- Maintains price lists for all purchased parts
- Ensures that all supporting purchasing/supplier data elements are maintained in the ERP system
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Two-year associate’s degree required, Four-year degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in procurement or scheduling or related field
- ERP system experience required, knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains a plus
- Moderate to average computer skills a must, advanced skills a plus
- Exceptional communication skills required, both written and oral
- Handles a fast-paced work environment with poised, results-driven, positive attitude.
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled