SUMMARY: Provides bi-lingual financial coaching & social services navigation to low-wealth individuals and families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide one-on-one financial & health coaching, including budgeting, credit building/rebuilding, debt management, savings, promotion of financial products, public benefits enrollment, and access to health care services.
- Facilitate and conduct group financial and/or health education classes/workshops.
- Identify and refer participants to the resources and services needed to achieve financial and/or health goals.
- Coordinate community events and meetings relating to financial and/or health outreach days at partner sites.
- Link individuals and families to medical and social services.
- Maintain client/participant information and data in the organization’s data tracking and management systems
This job does not directly supervise employees
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Professional working proficiency in oral and written Spanish.
- Education: Associate’s Degree
- Years of Experience: 3
- Certification or License: Certification in the Department of Children and Families Training: HIPPA, ACCESS Civil Rights, Security Awareness (or must be attained with 60 days of hiring)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of web-based platforms
Customer service orientation
Promotes products and services
Inspires & motivates
Develops talent (self)
Articulate vision and understands the big picture
Stable and calming influence
Leads by example
Open to feedback
Effective interpersonal communicator
Asset focused (as opposed to charity focused)
Step out of the comfort zone
Learning agility, comfortable with uncertainty, adaptable to sudden change
Goal oriented, prioritization and time management
Analytical/critical thinker, problem solver and resourceful
Move projects forward simultaneously
Tolerate and effectively manage stress
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift weights of up to 25 pounds
- Stretch and bend to organize and distribute materials for Catalyst Miami activities
- Able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and utilize the computer for extended periods
- Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate project needs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above describes the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.