Coconut Software is looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our Product team, reporting to the Senior Director, Product. This role is integral to Coconut Software’s end-to-end user experiences and is constantly testing and iterating on Coconut Software’s current offerings while defining, designing, and prototyping new offerings. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong understanding of agile software development and be comfortable embracing change and thinking strategically at every stage of the product life cycle. The Product Designer is passionate about advocating for our customers needs and establishes a design trajectory that is in line with those needs while communicating the design vision to senior executives to influence the best possible experience for our customers. At its heart, this role is the perfect fit for a motivated problem solver who leverages new technologies while combining design and engineering language to create impactful and memorable user experience journeys.
The Product Designer will develop ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and experience mapping while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of designers, product managers, developers, and business stakeholders to effectively communicate product and design vision. While collaborating with the rest of the Product team, the Product Designer will work on a variety of projects including feature functionality, defining our design standards, working with product marketing on go to market initiatives, leveraging user analytics to address UX issues,and overall customer experience enhancements. The successful candidate will be a first in class problem solver, detail oriented, have the highest standard of quality, and be energized by creating meaningful experiences for Coconut’s customers. If you love to visualize complex data to find the right solution and deliver beautifully designed experiences in a fast-paced, customer obsessed environment then Coconut wants to hear from you!
- Conceive, design and develop visually appealing and dynamic user interfaces that are user-friendly.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to ensure UX/UI design solutions deliver on business objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of latest design and user experience practices.
- Plan and conduct usability testing.
- Apply user experience and design principles to the creation and development of our product.
- Execute all stages of the design cycle, from concept creation to development collaboration and iterations
- Establish, document and enforce design standards, patterns and processes.
- Synthesize user data into simple designs.
- Produce designs based on user feedback from customer interviews
- Use data, metrics and customer feedback to guide new design-related initiatives and decisions and identify scenarios where data is needed.
- Develop mock screen and mock workflows for new designs.
- Use analytical usability testing and internal/external research to solve interaction design problems.
- Maintain designs implemented and test and iterate to ensure functionality.
- Collect and decipher feedback for product design.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Product team.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and create something useful and valuable for users.
- Demonstrate strong visual design skills, the ability to solve UX problems, and the ability to work within an existing visual system.
- Run discovery workshops on-site with customers to help determine the features, requirements, and vision for what they want to build.
- Bachelor’s degree in UX design, interaction design, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 3+ years experience in UX design
- A portfolio highlighting your impactful design work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; demonstrated team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with teams
- Working knowledge of current design technology
- Able to work autonomously in an agile environment as part of a larger team and capable of self-directing and taking initiative
- Meticulously organized
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor