Dietary Assistant Job Summary
The Dietary Assistant is responsible for helping with the food service program at BCM. The position includes different assigned tasks depending on the scheduled shifts.
Dietary Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
***depending on the area and shift - may include some or all of the following:
- Read kitchen communication notes. Leave notes as needed.
- Ensure that meal time is running orderly and efficiently by assisting with assigned shift duties.
- Finish preparations for the evening meal, including special diet pep and charting.
- Prepare dining room, deliver (and refill) beverages as needed.
- Greet and assist with residents.
- Clear dishes, wash and return to the designated area.
- Store all items/leftovers promptly and appropriately. Label & date everything.
- Assist with dining room clean up, sanitizing and vacuuming.
- Wipe down all appliances and countertops.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors.
- Shut down dishwasher and remove all trash.
- Special projects as assigned. Seasonal tasks – including watering and shoveling.
- Complete designated task sheets – if applicable for your shift.
- Direct immediate concerns, issues or questions to your kitchen attendant.
- Direct other concerns or resident issues with your dietary manager.
Dietary Assistant Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have some kitchen/cooking experience.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to handle and follow through instructions.
- Must have good references from previous employers.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Good communication and a friendly demeanor.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Reliable, compassionate, and willing to serve others.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
(West IL 4:00-7:00p West AL 7a-11a West AL 4:00-7:00p IL wknd 10a-2p East 5-8p
S121 - BYRON CENTER MANOR is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled