Friday & Saturday 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M. / 16 Hours
Sunday & Monday 3:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. / 16 Hours
Full Time Total= 32 Hours
The overall purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is to perform practical nursing work under the general supervision of a registered nurse. The LPN participates in the assurance of the provision of resident care services consistent with accepted standards of care and assigns duties to Care partners as appropriate.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A current, valid LPN license is required.
- Education/and or experience in long-term care, acute care, or geriatric nursing preferred
- No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to write nursing/patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Provides resident care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and within the scope of the LPN license.
- Observes and reports on resident’s conditions/changes and then documents in accordance with facility policies and as required by regulations.
- Administers medication/treatment as prescribed within the LPN scope of practice.
- Receives, transcribes and executes physician orders.
- Implements and evaluates resident’s plan of care.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Directs Care partners to assure care provided per standards of practice and per facility policies and regulations.
- Rounds with Care partners prior to the end of shift to assure unit is in proper order.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures appropriate and timely response to resident and/or family concerns.
- Responsible for the safety of residents under your supervision
- Informs subordinate staff about the condition of residents and expectations/needs for the shift assigned at the beginning of each shift and receives the report from subordinates throughout and at the end of each shift regarding resident conditions.
- Clinical Evaluation Skills.
- Create monthly resident lists for Home Health, Hospice and Oxygen.
- Ability to work with 911 and attend to emergency calls.
- Report to work on time as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Report to work in neat, clean attire and consistently present an appropriate professional appearance.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Understand and follow all company policies in the Employee Handbook.
- Complete all other duties assigned by the Health Services Director and/or Executive Director.
Francois Bend is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled