Are you ready to work for a compassionate team? Do you provide the best in accurate, timely patient results and amazingly kind customer care?
If so Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. is the place for you!
Heartland Health Laboratories, Inc. (HHL) is seeking a Full-Time Laboratory Assistant in our Lenexa headquarters. The shift start time is 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday with a 30 minute lunch. There are on-call requirements including; weekend rotation and holiday rotation. These rotations include no less than one (1) weekend day per month and no less than one (1) major and one (1) minor holiday per year (Major Holidays are Christmas and Thanksgiving. Minor holidays are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day).
HHL services healthcare facilities by providing specimen collection and testing. Loving our patients is our top priority and we are actively looking for employees who feel the same way.
HHL provides excellent benefits such as, PTO, Medical, Dental, Aflac, 401K, flex spending, employee assistance program (EAP), and wellness program. Our laboratory has windows. If you are interested in the position, please reply to this posting and send a copy of your current resume.
Laboratory Assistant Summary of Position:
Provides exceptional internal and external customer service, performs urinalysis and processes microbiology specimens in a timely manner, assists setting up and testing specimens, runs laboratory instruments under the supervisor of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, contacts clients with questions or critical values and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree Biological, Chemistry, and/or Chemical science preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical laboratory preferred.
- Understands the value of teamwork and takes an active role as a positive teammate.
- Delivers fantastic customer service, both in the office and to our clients.
- Perform urinalysis (UA) with microscopy and other low to moderate complexity tests under the supervision Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Set up microbiology specimens for culture, process occult blood tests, influenza swabs, C. diff’s, fecal leukocyte, strep, and KOH testing as requested.
- Prepares low to moderate complexity patient samples for analysis, under the supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Ensures all patient labels and samples are correct for testing.
- Assists in a variety of low to moderate complexity laboratory procedures.
- Assists in the analysis of patients, controls and proficiency specimens.
- Communicates with clients regarding patient results and potential questions the nursing staff may have.
- Responsible for running autoclave and disposal of autoclave waste.
- Assists other departments when needed to ensure patient care and teamwork is our highest priority.
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Understands and follows all safety, infection control, bloodborne pathogen, OSHA, and HIPAA guidelines
- Works at a fast pace with extreme accuracy.