Summary of Position:
As Host/Hostess, the primary responsibility will be to welcome and warmly greet guests upon arrival, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to tables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and bus-persons as needed.
- Maintain supplies of mints and toothpicks at the host stand.
- Clean menus of food and stains.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- No previous restaurant experience or training required. On the job training will be provided. Experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met