The Brentwood Preschool Administrative Assistant is
responsible to the church, under the direction of the Preschool Minister for providing
administrative support and assistance in all areas of the Preschool Ministry: weekly discipleship programming,
Parent Child Dedications and Orientation Classes, New and Expectant Parents
ministry, BYCS, Vacation Bible School, Backyard Kids Clubs, Summer Play Days,
leadership training sessions, outreach events or projects, and other church
sponsored community events as related to Preschool/Children’s Ministries.
RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Record Keeping and
- Maintain records for
weekly activities (LifeGroups, KidLife).
- Create content for weekly
lesson online resources and post on Preschool Ministry’s web page
calendar, create and send weekly leader/coordinator email with lesson
resources as well as any upcoming events or ministry news.
- Process guests who visit
the Preschool Ministry and follow up with appropriate emails, cards, and
- Update weekly, monthly,
quarterly and annual reports such as Ministry Scope and Summary; compile
information/reports requested upline and by other departments.
- Maintain records for events and keep the New & Expectant Parents Ministry information up-to-date. Manage the Parent Child Dedication files and report numbers quarterly.
- Financial Management
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, balancing, and maintaining the budgets of the Preschool Ministry under the direction of the Preschool Minister. This includes processing check requests, reconciling monthly credit card statements, making deposits, and printing monthly report
- Resource Support
- Order and distribute all
curriculum and literature.
- Collect, respond, and
fulfill resource requests from ministers and ministry volunteers.
- Coordinate with the Preschool Resource Coordinator on needs for supply room and requests from volunteers.
- Administrative Support
- Communicate weekly with volunteers and key
leaders as well as the parents of our preschoolers. Supportive
communication with administrative and preschool/children BBC church staff
on other campuses is also expected.
- Create, assemble, and distribute communication
pieces for the Preschool Ministry Items may include, but are not limited
to: postcards, letters, posters, and emails.
- Create weekly content and slideshows for the
Preschool Yodeck TV’s.
- Submit Communication
Requests for printed pieces, consultations, and website graphics/design.
- Submit eSPACE requests
for facilities usage and room setups (weekly room usage as well as
special events and meetings).
- Create text and update
the Preschool Ministry pages of the BBC website; add all Preschool weekly
discipleship and events to the website calendar.
- Assist the Preschool Minister with the Parent
Child Dedication services by communicating with families to gather
information/photos, preparing family packets, and creating slideshows.
- Work with the Summer Play
Days Director to update website information and send registration emails.
- Assist the BYCS Director and Assistant Director to update website information, submit Communication Requests, and send registration emails.
- Provide any additional administrative support to the Preschool Minister and Preschool Minister Associate as needed or requested.
- Work with the BBC Children’s Ministry staff on any combined Preschool/Children’s events, such as VBS and Backyard Kids Clubs.
- Assist Preschool Minister and Associate Preschool Minister in creating, maintaining, and posting content for social media.
- Coordinating with Preschool Minister and Associate Preschool Minister to plan and organize life point events and monthly events. Items may include, but are not limited to: Moms’ Coffee, Story Time, Parent Child Dedication, and special events.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare Preschool area for Sunday and Wednesday
- Participate in staff meetings as required by the
- Serve in rotation for phone relief duty and/or other
- Complete applicable weekly/quarterly/annual reports
required by the department.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor and
In addition to the specific
responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks
candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that
enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Manages details, tasks, and projects efficiently
without frequent reminders
- Maximizes time effectively by focusing on “must
do” priorities when necessary
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality
- Adheres to commitments, schedules, and deadlines
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of issues
and topics pertaining to the area of his/her job specialty (for Professional
Staff positions only)
- Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to
changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive, level of
supervision required is appropriate
- Is willing to take on additional
responsibilities, helps with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborates well with others to accomplish
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way
that accomplishes intended results
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining
the KASH (Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits) necessary to be successful in
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- Maintains appropriate gap between the current
job description and the employee’s current abilities that allows for future
- Be detail oriented.
- Exhibit strong organizational and time management
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Must meet BBC benchmark for computer competency
(Ministry Platform, eSPACE, Microsoft Office)
- Be knowledgeable in using and working with web-based
systems such as social networks, blogs and email.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or
university, minimum of two years related experience and/or training or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
All campuses function under the
governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity
operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each
maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood
Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow
it to best reach its target local community.
Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.
Brentwood Baptist Church is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled