Under the direction of the Club Director and Facilities Manager, the employee is responsible for general maintenance, handyman skills, and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the building. Daily duties include sweeping, mopping, dusting, sanitizing, waxing, cleaning windows, cleaning counters, emptying trash and stocking restrooms and kitchens.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the outside grounds by sweeping and removing litter from the walks and grounds and other assignments as needed.
- Make minor repairs as needed, such as replacing light bulbs, starters, and fuses. Maintain inventory log.
- Assist other staff members as needed to ensure proper cleanliness, safety, and maintenance of their program areas and ensuring the availability of necessary cleaning supplies.
- Report immediately any major damage, breakdowns of equipment or safety concerns to the Club Director.
- Turn off the lights, lock and secure building.
- Determines material and equipment to be used to keep facility and grounds maintained.
- Prepare, set-up and take down for special events and meetings.
- Other related tasks as instructed.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and supplies needed for kitchen and restrooms and notify the manager and Executive Administrator when supplies need replenishing.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Complete training as required.
- May be required to assist in multiple areas as needed.
- Clean area as needed.
- Document and report potential safety hazards to supervisor.
- Perform monthly inspections of Clubs and report building-related discrepancies to supervisor in writing.
- High School diploma or GED
- Multi-skilled labor (minor construction/handyman, skilled tradesman, janitorial)
- Knowledge in maintenance supplies, equipment, materials, and methods used in janitorial work.
- Ability to make minor repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as required.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance in using equipment to complete assigned tasks.
Internal: Maintain close daily contact with supervisor and Club staff to receive and provide information.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external groups and vendors.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, lift up to 25 pounds and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment this position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the employee. It is not designed to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job. This is not a contract of employment.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled