Job Code 024 Job Title Event Coordinator
Department Administration Reports to Director of Sales
Purpose: We are here to positively impact others!
Service Promise: From our Family to yours, we deliver exceptional experiences every step of the way.
Role: The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all final details and payments for all banquets and outings. This includes but is not limited to weddings, rehearsal dinners, birthday and anniversary parties, banquets, business meetings, social events, golf outings, and member/resident-related activities at the Club.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Embraces ECHO Teamwork values
- Maintain/coordinate event timeline, setup needs
- Responsible for conducting rehearsals, and tastings
- Ensure that arrangements are made to set up rooms
- Follow up with brides to collect reviews on WeddingWire and The Knot
- Practices Lean Management principles as an integral part of the operation
- Transmit the necessary information about all events to the appropriate support staff
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Club’s General Manager and Director of Sales
- Present for all client meetings in advance of the event, record-keeping in preparation for day-of
- Manage Event set-up, day-of coordination, as well as coordination with vendors, delivery and client needs
- Coordinate rental items needed for events, developing timelines, floor plans, menus, and banquet event orders
- Plan and coordinate details of catered events to include determining specifications and quantities of goods to order, determining manpower levels, recommending personnel assignments, scheduling space and facilities, and communicating menu information to production staff
- During downtime, engage in outbound sales efforts through networking, attending business association functions, referrals from existing business clients, and lead generation
- Develop, implement and monitor standards of service and coordinate catering activities to ensure that a high quality of production and service is consistently maintained
- Maintain professional correspondence with Event clients, answering questions during the planning process and coordinating necessary contact between vendors
- The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all final details and payments for all banquets and outings as well as the day of execution
- Ensure smooth execution of events by inspecting finished arrangements and collaborating with appropriate department heads
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Applications.
- Minimum 1 one year of relevant experience or interest in day-of-event management
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Events Management, Communications, or related field of study.
- Experience working in the hospitality industry, exhibiting the ability to accommodate and adapt to situations by effective decision making.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling all obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks in a timely manner.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Job requires considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Must be able to make important decisions “in the moment” under high stress.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining challenging achievement goals and exerting maximum effort toward mastering tasks.
- Social Orientation - Job requires a preference for working with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Cooperation - Job requires a pleasant disposition on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and ideas when necessary.
- Frequently required to sit
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequent evening and weekend work required as job duties demand
- Frequently utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
Up to Par Management and Taylor Hospitality are Equal Employment Opportunity companies, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required for this job. Standard Operating Procedures, Training Checklists, and Departmental Handbooks will be provided to ensure associate is trained in all duties and responsibilities of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About the Company:
Up To Par Management | Taylor Hospitality is a leading club and hospitality management company specializing in golf, country club and hospitality operations. Up To Par is a growth-oriented company providing opportunities for its partner clubs and associates.
Up To Par exists to create success for its clubs and hotels through a philosophy of continuous improvement, operational excellence and flawless execution achieved through a culture of financial discipline, safety, and community and environmental stewardship that develops and delivers innovative solutions for its customers, while providing a dynamic and challenging environment for its associates.