Coconut Software is looking for an allstar Product Marketing Manager to join our passionate team. This role will be located out of Saskatoon or Toronto, reporting to the Senior Director, Product and liasoning with the CEO and CRO. Coconut’s Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for communicating the “why,” “what,” and “when” of our product to potential buyers and internal teams while owning and leading the go-to-market strategy and execution for Coconut, ultimately driving new conversions and expansion within our existing customer base.
This is a largely strategic role that is results driven and focuses on shaping product value and delivering relevant marketing materials for our customers that drive awareness, understanding, and growth while differentiating Coconut from our competitors. The right person for this role is an exceptional communicator with the ability to provide a comprehensive view of the market, our customers, and our competition through extensive collaboration with Product, Marketing, Engineering, Sales, and Technical Support.
The Product Marketing Manager has a key role in delivering against customer needs, educating the market about our product, tracking metrics, reporting on shifts in the market, and inspiring widespread adoption across the Financial Services industry to contribute to overarching business objectives. In addition, the Product Marketing Manager serves as a product expert for teammates.
- Be the expert on our customer and their urgent and pervasive pain points.
- Work closely with Product to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers.
- Research and understand the competitive landscape and our competitions positioning.
- Build content and train the sales team on messaging around new features, solutions, and releases.
- Provide in depth understanding of our customer base relative to where opportunities exist for add-on products and services.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target customers in the Financial Services industry.
- Quantify the value of our product to customers through exceptional ROI analysis skills.
- Assess and maintain market opportunities and segmentation to develop strategies for addressing new and existing targets.
- Gather and analyze market and competitive information to create a point of view (actionable intelligence) to support product portfolio, new release launches, and to better position Coconut's profitable growth.
- Leverage market and customer information data including marketing platform touches, sales metrics, and software usage statistics to understand market and customer buying patterns and preferences.
- Build, maintain, and update product marketing assets (product decks, product sheets, etc.)
- Support and drive new content and thought pieces for internal and external placement, supporting prospects, and customers.
- Support the strategic development of integrated marketing plans and deploy tactics to drive consumer awareness and consideration of Coconut’s product.
- Be a product advocate and storyteller, effectively and clearly conveying your message internally across Coconut, and externally to customers, partners, and to the industry at events.
- Responsible for taking the thematic message and breaking it down for specific users and segments, making the message more relevant and tactical.
- Experience in marketing Enterprise Software (B2B) at a SaaS company would be an asset.
- 5+ years product marketing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Has contributed to innovative product marketing launches and programs for a software product.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to drive product positioning development.
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative market research.
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials.
- Strong and inspiring public speaker.
- Exceptional writing skills, including go-to-market materials and customer case studies.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Collaborative team player with excellent people skills and the ability to interact with customers and coworkers at all levels.
- Comfortable with travelling for business and available to travel frequently.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to launch your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor