This position is responsible for providing quality services to clients with mental illness, ensuring that quality outcomes are achieved, preparing documentation, and performing related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connects Veterans with benefits and supports
- Provide support and direct assistance to veterans based on an individualized service plan.
- Assist/train Veterans in daily life skills. Transportation, communication, and self-advocacy
- Maintain assigned program records
- Monitor and track progress of Veterans with housing needs
- Develop, implement, monitor, evaluate, and modify person-centered housing plans
- Develop landlord and community collaboration to assist with housing searches, housing inspections, and build positive relationships for a successful transition to permanent housing
- Ensure the obligation of elements to tenancy have been met by tracking Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA).
- Ensuring referrals and due diligence is provided and documented
- Problem-Solve conflicts and assist other team members as needed.
- Prepare and maintain assigned program records and documentation.
- Serves as the primary representative of the Agency with respect to third-party vendors providing training-related products and services.
- Utilizes the Relias Learning Management System to maintain compliance with all required training courses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
This position requires the incumbent to have completed education at the Bachelor’s degree level and one year experience working with individuals who are mentally ill in a community setting. Have a demonstrated wiliness to be responsive to the needs of the target population, excellent verbal written communication skills and the ability to function as part of a team.
This employee’s work is performed at various locations where services are provided to consumers. Incumbent must be able to handle the demands of extensive driving throughout the metro service area.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled