There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the company accounting processes and functions in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position directs and oversees the processes associated with accounts payable, bank reconciliations, maintaining fixed asset records, required tax reporting, payroll interfaces to the general ledger, vehicle registration & licensing and daily accounting system and credit card processing updates to the accounting system. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to all aspects of the accounting function.
- Analyze accounts and financial data.
- Report to the Controller the finances of the organization
- Responsible for the supervision, coaching, disciplinary action, scheduling, hiring and training of all AP/ AR associates.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable process including routine financial calculations, AP entries, coordinating check payments and tracking to ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Successfully manage all vendor responsibilities and relationships to ensure that all negotiated contracts are paid as agreed on.
- Accurately compute, classify, and record all financial transactions.
- Review all postings and documents to verify the correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and correct codes.
- Responsible for day/month end processes.
- Performs audits.
- Assist in payroll processes including calculations and completing labor/ payroll entries.
- Manage the budgeting process and annual forecasts in coordination with the Controller.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation and filing of all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting and reporting to the state.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in the reconciliation process providing documentation as necessary.
- Create policies, documents, and workflows for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Manage and complete all projects as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public or private setting.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office, & 10-key calculator.
- Certified Public Accountant Licensure.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Financial management experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong customer/client focus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial, payroll & member information.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate solid ethics and integrate company values in all decisions and interactions.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a team leader.
- Must be willing to participate in a learning environment and willing to take on tasks with a high level of difficulty.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Must be dependable and available to work within the resort on weekends, nights and/or holidays based on business demands.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.