Your career can take flight at the TWA Hotel, which opened in May 2019 at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport. The TWA Hotel is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Sales Manager for our first-class, 512-room destination hotel that has the historic Eero Saarinen designed 1962 TWA Flight Center. Bringing the magic of the Jet Age to JFK Airport, the hotel features ultra-quiet guest rooms with runway views as well as 50,000 square feet of Meeting & Event space that can host up to 1,400 people. The Food and Beverage offerings are, the Paris Café by Jean-George, the Sunken Lounge, “Connie” Cocktail lounge, and the Food Hall with grab-and-go dining. The hotel also offers high-end retail outlets, a TWA museum, a rooftop infinity pool and a 10,000-square-foot observation deck will contribute to a one-of-a-kind guest experience.
The Group Sales Manager is responsible for primarily targeting the Association, Government, and SMERF markets, and is responsible for the sales and revenue generating efforts with emphasis attaining the hotel goals of maximum revenue and profit while providing the guest with the highest level of quality service. The ideal candidate for this position is a go getter with a proven track record of creative promotion concepts and smart selling techniques. He or she must be a highly communicative, meticulously organized team player who possesses a positive, problem-solving attitude and a passion for innovation
• Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue and events revenue.
• Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming group details to the client.
• Plays a major role in business development and market demands and easily adapting to new strategies based on market conditions.
• Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from the internet, business directories and other sources.
• Make in-person sales calls to potential clients at their place of business on a regular basis.
• Travel required to and from businesses of potential clients (as determined by management).
• Entertain potential business clients on site (as determined by management).
• Use qualified account reports as appropriate during sales visits with potential clients.
• Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and group activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
• Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel by utilizing various reports along with the guidance of Revenue Management and Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Ensure contractual agreements are honored by all parties (e.g. Deposits, attrition, addendums, rooming lists).
• Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
• Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services.
• Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
• Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
• Participate in RFP process for Hotel.
• Meet and greet client upon arrival as well as visit with client daily when in-house.
• As needed, represent hotel at trade shows. Set up exhibits involving bending, stooping lifting and reaching overhead.
• Obtain, detail, document and route all necessary information on definite groups, including billing information, credit application, rooming list and VIP Arrangements.
• Develop new business through obtaining accounts from competition, lateral development of existing accounts and contacting new customers in the market.
• Coordinate and participate in monthly sales blitzes.
• Maintain and develop 3rd party group booking sites where necessary
• Assist, where necessary, in maintaining digital marketing, social media campaigns, website initiatives and all to promote the hotel
• High School/GED required
• Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Sales Manager in a full-service hotel is required
• Experience selling to the Association, Government and SMERF segments is strongly preferred
• Experience selling a group segment is required
• One year of hotel operations experience is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed sales goals.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point is required.
• Prior experience using Delphi Account Management is strongly preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B.).
• Knowledge of the group sales process and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Ability to handle customer inquiries and leads requests for groups
• Demonstrates excellent selling skills, strong communication skills, and a detailed understanding of property operations, food and beverage, and planning.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal is required.
• Strong leadership skills
• An aptitude for self-motivation
• A can-do attitude and a hands-on approach to hotel sales management
• A flexible schedule that allows you to be available days, nights, holidays and weekends based on the demands of the hotel
MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The company’s innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com