We like to think we’re in the business of creating harmony. It’s why we fit fluffy beds into boxes and make bed frames and sofas that are as easy to assemble as they are to relax or fall asleep on. We are here to design tiny reminders that life is good. We pride ourselves in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee of a customer.
The supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating activities of employees concerned with receiving inbound or outbound inventory and replenishment of inventory in order to prepare the Distribution Center for the morning picking operation.
What You’ll Do (list responsibilities)
- Supervises and oversees the inventory and distribution of products
- Supervises order fulfillment of materials
- Directs the pulling of products for delivery to locations
- Manages cycle counts of products and equipment and relay to Purchasing
- Supervises returns process for damaged or returnable products and materials
- Lift truck operations to load/ unload materials and equipment
- Pick up and deliver products from suppliers and vendors
- Oversees facility and ensures cleanliness, safe product storage, and safe racking
- Facility maintenance
- Directs delivery and pickups
- Keeps the facility compliant related to safety and L&I regulations as directed
- Oversees data entry of inventory and materials
Snapshot of Your Impact
- By 3-month mark: Understands best practices, SOPs, customer order process, KPIs, and cost controls.
- By 6-month mark: Fully functional and understands the material(s) and SKUs.
- By 12-month mark: Subject matter expert of the inbound and outbound process.
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Previous supervisory experience leading a warehouse
- Ability to train, supervise, and mentor others
- Valid US Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Proven strong analytic /problem-solving skills
- Highly organized person and can show planning and processes to support daily work
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Etc.
- Fork Life certified
- Understanding safety regulations regarding warehouse and facilities practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Work independently under minimal supervision
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- Prior experience with SAP
Who You Are
- Strategic: you have experience turning ideas into action and able to show results
- Strong relationship builder: you know how to navigate organizational dynamics and build relationships with the right people
- Empathic: others compliment you for your high emotional intelligence and you go out of your way to ensure customers are heard
- Self-accountable: you hold yourself responsible for driving your customers’ desired business outcomes and providing a delightful customer experience
- Self-motivated: you inspire the team by taking the initiative to own your performance and contributions to the team
- Growth-oriented: you embrace coaching and are able to apply feedback immediately to improve performance and evolve personally and professionally
- Data-driven: you get excited about leveraging data to drive recommendations to customers
- Dynamic: you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited by change and ambiguity
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work within the US.