The Four Points by Sheraton - Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for the position of Public Area Attendant. The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining and ensuring exceptional cleanliness of all public areas at the hotel. This position is full-time and the successful candidate must be available to work afternoon and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays.
What We Offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina);
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands;
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of the number one hotel in Kelowna, per TripAdvisor.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the overall look and appearance of the public areas of the hotel; clean hallways, lobbies, lounge, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, meeting rooms, laundry room, pool area, offices, and other work areas
- Vacuum rugs, furniture and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or steamers
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and transport other trash and recyclables to disposal areas
- Dust and polish furniture in main areas
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
- Wash windows, walls, ceiling and woodwork as necessary
- Maintain parking lots (sweep, rake leaves, remove garbage, empty ashtray)
- Remove any garbage, recyclables and empty beverage containers from laundry room
- Respond to guest requests or from other departments as required
- Identify and report preventative and other maintenance issues in public areas
- Other duties as required.
- Previous housekeeping or maintenance experience is an asset
- Ability to work evening shifts (4pm-1230am)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs and handle repetitive movements, such as: pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada without restriction.