We are currently looking for a Estimator & Project Manager to join our friendly team in Kent, WA, who share our desire to deliver "knock your socks off customer service". Please apply if you are excited to join a company which believes that honesty is the only choice, whose team members respect and help each other, work hard, and enjoy their jobs. Note: This is not a remote work opportunity, local candidates only.
The Construction Sales & Project Manager works with engineer and architect drawings or blueprints to prepare
a complete list of all job costs, including labor, material, equipment, and
specialty items necessary to complete the project. The New Construction Sales & Project Manager works within the sales and
support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation,
and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. Blueprint reading and take off experience is mandatory. Good math skills are a must with a advanced knowledge of excel and other basic computer skills.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with General
- Review bid invitations received from various platforms
- Review bid sites regularly to seek out new opportunities
- Understand the needs and expectations of general
contractors and architects and provide relevant solutions
- Prepare bids and quotes per specifications
- Partner with Accounting to review and submit
pre-qualification paperwork requested by General Contractors
- Knowledge and ability to regularly update Company CRM
system to reflect interactions and job progress with new and existing customers
- Manage multiple priorities with existing jobs, bidding
new jobs, insuring accurate data on orders
- Track bids and quotes to contractors to analyze win/loss
- Perform jobsite visits and measurements as needed
- Prepare and submit warranty and close-out documents
- Collaborate with Inside Sales team and Accounting to
insure accurate billing
- Insure compliance
with contract requirements
- Assess cost
effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs
relative to bids as the project develops
- Resolve issues and solve
problems throughout the life of the project.
Successful candidates have/are:
to be flexible and adaptable to changing work environment and deal effectively
with varying workload requirements; can shift gears comfortably, manage
competing demands, delays or unexpected events
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong negotiating skills required
- Strong background in Outlook and
Microsoft Suite software
- Self-motivated with ability to work
- Able to handle
integrity and ethical standards
- Organized individual
with strong project management skills committed to performing duties with
detail and accuracy
and analytical abilities
- Team player who
works productively with wide range of people
- Willingness to
gain technical expertise and working knowledge of company products
- Able to perform
business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Preferred 2 years estimating or contractor sales
- Prior experience in the material handling or dock &
door industry preferred
- Have a strong understanding of commercial construction
types and assemblies
- Experience in a sales and service driven environment required
- Experience using CRM and customer database software
- Experience reading construction blueprints/drawings preferred
This is a full-time position starting between $50,000-$75,000 depending on experience and skill; paid vacation, medical benefits, and retirement plan offered. Successful completion of substance test and a background check are mandatory.
In 1972, DACO was born. Founded on honesty and integrity we have set ourselves apart from the competition. Almost 50 years later in Kent, WA, our 80,000 sq ft warehouse is home to $2.7 million of material handling products. From a small handheld tote to pallet racking and everything in between, we have what our customers need. You may be thinking what is material handling and how does it relate to me? Material handling is a part of your everyday life, from the food you eat to the roads you drive on, you’ll see our products in action. As an integral part of your life, we help product move from the smallest seed to the largest supermarket, and the simplest of designs to the most complex of integrations, we handle customer needs from concept to completion.
Today, DACO Corporation is a $25 million thriving company; we have had steady continuous growth for the last several years, leading us to need YOU, a highly motivated team player, to join our 44-member family. Our culture includes a fun family atmosphere, with open door ownership, a passion for continuous education and personal growth, and a place where extraordinary customer experience is the norm not the exception.
As we fulfill our mission to increase our customer’s productivity, we need you, to help us become our customer’s first thought and best choice.
If you possess the skills to provide "knock your socks off customer service", want to work in a fun, fast paced environment, and where no two days are alike, submit your resume today!!
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, this is not a remote work opportunity
No phone calls or in person applications will be accepted.
No agencies or recruiters
DACO Corporation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled