Be part of a Championship Crew and Find your WOW at Quaker Steak & Lube!
Our Line Cooks prepare award-winning for our Fans (guests)
Live it, Love it, Lube it!!!!
- Have a great attitude and be willing to learn.
- Be honest and put your crew before yourself.
- Reads recipes and produces products according to the procedures and plate presentations.
- Cooks food according to fans’ specifications, i.e. steaks, burgers, wings, etc
- Garnishes plates with appropriate items.
- Places finished products on the line cook shelf in an organized manner.
- Stores all food products in specific sized pans, covers, and places in walk-in.
- Produces food within the ticket time requirements for each position.
- Constantly cleans and sanitizes the cook line as well as equipment, walls, floors, hoods, reach-ins, line coolers, etc.
- Assists the management team in controlling food cost by demonstrating concern for cost and inventory control.
- Able to work closely with other crew members in the Heart of the House and the Expediter.
- Operates various pieces of equipment.
- Observes the basic rules of kitchen safety, sanitation and back door safety.
- Demonstrates concern for kitchen cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Uses First in First out (FIFO) rules to ensure proper rotation.
- Utilize various cleaning chemicals in accordance with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Promotes teamwork at all times. (i.e.: assisting in other areas of the kitchen, sweeping and mopping the floor, cleaning the coolers, organizing dry storage, frying wings, etc.)
- Performs various tasks delegated by management including but not limited to cleanliness, sanitation and health regulations.
- Ensures our guests are receiving safe food products of the highest quality, freshness and consistency.
- Maintains kitchen surroundings, including floors, in the manner that meets Quaker Steak & Lube’s® standards of cleanliness, sanitation and health regulations.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- Stands/walks during entire shift.
- Must reach, bend, stoop and wipe.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds throughout the shift.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Raises objects from the floor, reaches for and pushes objects.
- Reading skills are required.
- 18+ years old
QSL Gonzales LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled