This position reports to the Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Business and Branch Services Director. This position is responsible for the receiving and paying out of money, for keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in the bank’s various transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies the amount, and examines checks for endorsements, legal amounts, dates, etc.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Process transactions such as withdrawals, IRA contributions, HSA contributions, loan payments, night deposits, mail deposits, etc.
- Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
- Examines coupons and bills presented for payment to verify the issue, payment date and amount due.
- Performs trial balances throughout the day.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of the shift.
- Greet individuals as they enter the branch and drive-up window.
- Process work through Branch Capture equipment.
- Follow and comply with all bank regulations and security procedures.
- Complete all training requirements, including compliance, in a timely manner.
- Process transactions within established policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift coin bags of varying weight.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- Previous teller experience preferred.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
Resource Bank strives to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled