An ICU Nurse (RN) provides professional nursing care for assigned patients in the intensive care unit. Evaluates, assesses, and documents the total intensive care nursing process as needed. Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse with at least 2 years of clinical experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
- Uses clinical judgment to manage the delivery of patient care safely and effectively.
- Promote interpersonal relations with all contacts in the hospital setting.
- Represents GP care in the hospital setting in a positive image by serving as a role model in quality of care delivered, manner of dress, and professionalism.
- Uses knowledge and practice in accordance with Nurse Practice Act; Standards of Nursing Practice; Standards of Patient Care; JCAHO, state and local laws; and hospital policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Registered Nurse License within the state of practice.
- Prefer a minimum of one year of acute care experience in the area of expertise within the last three years preferred.
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
- Current ACLS/PALS (per facility requirement).
- Current BLS.
Be willing to travel for up to 13 weeks.
Greener Pastures Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled